Creamy Avocado Sauce is inspired from Avocado Crema. Free from: tree nuts, peanut, sesame, gluten and can be made dairy-free.
Best served day of. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for about 1 day
2 medium size avocados, roughly chopped
juice of 1 lime or lemon
1 small garlic clove, crushed
1/2 cup cilantro tops ( parsley or a combination of parsley & cilantro is fine)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoon full fat yogurt or plant based yogurt of choice
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- Blend all ingredients into a mini-food processor until smooth and creamy, for at least 30 seconds.
- Serve with fritters, tacos, burgers, fish, as a dip with veggies and chips or eat by the spoonful.
- Adjust to taste with more lemon juice and salt.
- To make dairy free; omit yogurt and add water. Start with 1 tablespoon or add enough to desired consistency. Or use your favorite plant based yogurt as an alternative.
- For a spicy version, add 1-2 jalapeño pepper(s), chopped( de-seeded for less spicy) with above ingredients and blend.
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Keywords: avocado sauce, creamy avocado sauce, avocado crema, nut free, top 8 free, allergy friendly, avocado dip, avocado, snacks, kid approved snacks, no bake recipe