Socca is an allergy-frendly flatbread alternative that is also gluten-free since it is made using chickpea flour.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, plus 2 tbsps for the skillet
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mixing bowl
- 10.5 inch Skillet
- Whisk chickpea flour, water, 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, and salt (try to get all the clumps out) if you are adding spices, herbs, etc. do it now.
- Let the batter rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F and put your skillet in the oven as it heats.
- Once the oven reaches the full heat, add the 2 tbsps olive oil to the skillet swirl it in the pan. Put the skillet back in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Carefully pour the batter into the middle of the skillet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until it is golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1